Freitag, 20. Juni 2008

"A Decorator’s Life" - Elsie de Wolfe




"I am going to make everything around me beautiful. That will be my life."
(Interior Designer Elsie de Wolfe *1865 - 1950. America´s first decorator - A Rebel in an Ugly World)

A Decorator’s Life
“I was an ugly child and I lived in an ugly age,” wrote Elsie De Wolfe in her memoirs. “From the moment I was conscious of ugliness and it’s relation to myself and my surroundings, my one preoccupation was to find my way out of it. In my escape, I came to the meaning of beauty.”

2 Kommentare:

Belinda hat gesagt…

ok, eine schönheit war sie nicht, aber häßlich nun auch wirklich nicht. aber ein schönes credo.

Geisslein hat gesagt…

Genau - das Credo hat mich total begeistert! Deins (embrace life) ja auch... :o)
have a very nice day!

purple velvet.

        via Pinterest. I am so so so in love with purple velvet. Have a lovely Wednesday today! xo